These first two steps are to be taken from the Magento Admin Panel.
CREATE A ROLE
- Go to System > Web Services > Roles > Add New Role
- Set Role Name to Catalog-on-Demand
- Click on Role Resources
- Set Resource Access to Custom
- Check the following:
- Catalog > Product > Retrieve products data
- Catalog > Product > Product attributes > Change or Retrieve attribute store view
- Catalog > Product > Product attributes > Retrieve attribute data
- Catalog > Product > Link (uncheck Remove, Update, Assign)
- Catalog > Product > Product images (uncheck Remove, Update, Assign)
- Catalog > Category > Retrieve categories tree
- Catalog > Category > Retrieve category data
- Catalog > Category > Assigned products (uncheck Remove, Update, Assign)
- Click Save Role
CREATE A USER
- Go to System > Web Services > Users > Add New User
- User Name: catalogondemand
- First Name: APIUser
- Last Name: CatalogOnDemand
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New API Key: Enter any secure combination of characters and numbers – no punctuation or spaces. You will need this later, so please make a note of it.
- API Key Confirmation: Enter the same thing that you did in Step 5.
- Account: Active
- Click User Role
- Click the radio button for Catalog-on-Demand
- Click Save User
TEST THE API KEY
Please use this test page to determine if you have properly set up Magento Web Services for use with Catalog-on-Demand.
If successful, you should see a page with a message saying “Establishing a Connection”, followed by some details. This should be followed by “Signing in as catalogondemand” and a session ID.
Please contact us if you have any difficulty.