Creates a PDF for every product on your BigCommerce site — updated nightly
Uses your artwork & colors
Free up to 1000 product families
Run publications with no human intervention
Launch jobs with any configuration and any combination of products
Generate Job Files with any tool, or from any system (CRM, etc.)
You can use the Private Data Editor (PDE) to change product data. This includes the description, images, and attributes. If you do this, you will want to use the Locked Product feature, which prevents your edited data from being overwritten by the next import.
Yes, there are checkboxes to indicate if you want to import these values. They are handled in Catalog-on-Demand as regular attributes.
Yes, in two ways:
Yes, you can do this and more with the “Override and Supplementary Data” capability, documented here. Here are the available features:
Catalog-on-Demand supports simple HTML for print publications, such as bullets and some styling. Other HTML, such as complicated embedded tables or extensive styling, does not transfer well from web to print. Such HTML may be easily stripped out with simple checkboxes.
In addition, Plug-Ins can be created to handle just about any other clean up or formatting replacement that you can imagine.
You can use Private Data Editor to recategorize your products. There is a Catalog-on-Demand setting that prevents the Bigcommerce import from overwriting your categories.
Yes. Catalog-on-Demand automatically handles all the sizing, positioning, and text wrap issues associated with having different shape images for different products
A BigCommerce app is available for integrating Bigcommerce with Catalog-on-Demand.
Note — These steps are not needed if you clicked “Start with a new account” when installing the app. The import has already been set up for you!
If you are interested in the free Always Fresh Flyers (PDF per product page), click here to get started. Once you have done this, then check “Insert PDF icons in product descriptions”, and Save Changes. Your PDF icons will appear the next time the import runs. If you want to hurry things up, you can click Import Now.
Catalog-on-Demand offers several options for importing data from your BigCommerce database.
- Ignore HTML tables — If checked, then any HTML tables in your Bigcommerce product descriptions will not be imported. Sometimes this is necessary if you have complex HTML tables that do not appear correctly in your print catalog.
- Remove color tags — This is useful if you have color formatting in your HTML that you do not want to appear in your print catalog.
- Remove all styles — This is useful if you have styles in your HTML that you do not want to appear in your print catalog.
- Ignore all categories — This is useful if want a different hierarchical organization for your products in your print catalog than you have on your BigCommerce site. You can use PDE to change your category hierarchy and if you wish, reassign products. Then be sure to check this box so that the import only updates product data, not the categorization.
- Ignore top categories — Check if you do not want your top category to appear in the table of contents for your print catalog. For example, if the top category in your BigCommerce database is “Products”, you will want to check this box.
- Insert PDF icons in product descriptions — If you are interested in setting up your site with a PDF per product page (Always Fresh Flyers), go here to get started. Once you are successfully creating your flyers, then check “Insert PDF icons in product descriptions”, and Save Changes. Your PDF icons will appear the next time the import runs. If you want to hurry things up, you can click Import Now.
- Import width, height, and depth — Check if you want these shipping attributes imported as product attributes. You choose whether or not to include them in your publications.
- Import weight — Check if you want this value included as a product attribute. You choose whether or not to include it in your publications.
- Import product options as attributes — Check if you want the list of option values to be included as a product attribute.